Pre The Green Heart Grocer, making home made hummus was miles from my mind. Picking up a tub from the local IGA seemed the way to go... but now... so many changes for the better! Our family are now eating actual food, less numbers and at the same time reducing how much plastic we use. Great for us great for the planet!
I trialled several recipes and made some tweaks here and there... pretty happy with this one:) It makes a salsa jar's worth and a bit more which I divide into two small containers for school lunches. You could double the recipe and freeze some in a jar. Just remember to leave a gap at the top of the jar for the mixture to expand.
- 1 x 400g tin Chickpeas (Organic from The Green Heart Grocer-!)
- 90g Unhulled Tahini Paste
- 1 Clove Garlic
- 1/2t Ground Cumin Seeds
- 2T Lemon Juice
- 1T Olive Oil (I used The Green Heart Grocer's Extra Virgin Organic Olive Oil)
- 2T water
- Tiny bit of Maldon Sea Salt (The Green Heart Grocer:-)
- Place all ingredients in a food processor and blend till smooth. (About 30 seconds).
- Scrape mixture off the sides and give another quick pulse.
- Enjoy with some homemade crackers and veggie sticks!