Uses for Bi-Carb Soda
Bi-Carb/ Bicarb soda/ Bicarbonate in cooking is primarily used as a raising agent but around the home has many other uses that are efficient, environmentally friendly and that will save you money because you really don't need all those fancy commercial cleaners!
These I've tried and tested, but there are sooooo many more uses! You can "google it"!
- Relieve insect bites and stings: Make a paste with 1/2t bicarb and several drops of water and apply to the skin. Eases the pain!
- Clean your hairbrush and comb: Mix 1t bicarb with a cup of water. Soak your brush and comb to remove the oily residue. Rinse and dry.
- Relieve eczema and skin irritation: 2t in with the bath water.
- Clean your floor: Mix 1/2 cup bicarb with bucket of warm water and use to mop your floors.
- Air fresher and fridge deodoriser: Scoop 3-5T of bicarb in a container without the lid. Leave in your fridge for several months (then replace) or anywhere around your home to absorb smells.
- Clean your microwave, sinks, walls, toilet etc: Sprinkle a little on a damp cloth and wipe to clean and deodorise. (Not with the same cloth lol!)
- Sprinkle bicarb on your chopping board, give it a scrub and rinse to deodorise.
- Sprinkle a little on your hands after handling onions or garlic, rub and wash to remove the smell!
- Laundry wash boost: Add 1/2 cup to your laundry wash to make whites whiter and clothes softer.